One-skillet meals are perfect for small families and empty nesters. We love making them. We can usually go from the cutting board to the table in 30 minutes or less. So, clean up is a snap. Keeping up with a food blog does take a lot of time. As a result, a quick one-skillet meal is appealing to these particular “foodies.” What one-skillet dish could be more appealing than Chicken Tenderloins with Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce? The sauce is very light. Mushrooms sautéed in garlic and white wine is classic French and so tasty! We know you will love this recipe. The chicken is moist and delicious.
The tenderloin of the chicken is actually a part of the breast that is not attached to the ribs. The breast meat can be purchased with or without the bones. But, a tenderloin is boneless. It can be easily separated and cooked by itself. It is much like a tenderloin of beef or pork. However, a chicken tenderloin is smaller and less in demand than the actual breast meat. The tenderloin is often used for fried tenders or strips. They are a perfect white meat for this recipe.
We use lupin flour for dredging. The small amount that remains in the skillet after you remove the sautéed tenderloins will allow for a mild thickening of the sauce. We like the texture of the chicken with the lupin flour dredge. But, if you do not have lupin flour in your pantry you can use almond flour and the recipe works perfectly without the dredging. The sauce is a little thinner, but the grilled chicken is equally delicious.
We use a mixture of butter and olive oil to sauté the tenders. As a result, the heat can be higher without the fear of burning the butter. You will see the butter does slightly brown. Browned butter adds a unique flavor, just be careful it is not burnt. Six cloves of chopped garlic are listed in our recipe, but we usually use a little more garlic – we love the taste. We generally use sliced portobello mushrooms for this dish. They will absorb so much of the wine and chicken stock flavor. Our suggestion is to use a flavorful organic chicken stock.
Once the chicken tenderloins have been cooked on each side and have formed a slight crust remove them and put them in a packet of foil. They will continue to cook. The foil will capture all the juices and keep them warm. We use this technique often with chicken or shrimp. As a result, they do not get overdone and we then have time to prepare a sauce in the same skillet. More importantly, for chicken, this technique really keeps the chicken moist.
In fact, we also remove the mushrooms once they have achieved the perfect golden color and then add them back with the chicken to finish the dish. We want our mushrooms to absorb the flavor of the wine and garlic, but we do not want them blackened and rubbery. We like them softened, flavorful, and not mushy. To add an additional flavor level we use a little butter at the end of the recipe when we return the chicken and the mushrooms to the skillet. We usually garnish with chopped parsley and serve the dish in the same skillet. It truly is a one-skillet meal!
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Keto Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic Wine Sauce – A One Skillet Delicious Recipe!
We all seem to spend a lot of time at our favorite restaurants these days and snack meals have become all the rage. But, we also find that sometimes it is nice to prepare a perfect low-carb meal at home. Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce can come together in 30 minutes and requires just one skillet. This recipe will become a staple of your low-carb lifestyle. It is so flavorful and easy!
Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce
- 8 Chicken tenderloins (about 1 pound)
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 tablespoons Lupin flour (for dredging)
- 6 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 12 ounces Mushrooms (sliced)
- ⅓ cup White wine
- ⅓ cup Chicken stock (organic)
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in lupin flour to coat.
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Immediately add the chicken tenderloins and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Use additional oil and butter to the skillet and then chopped garlic and stir until combined. Add the mushrooms a little salt and pepper and sauté until mushrooms are golden, about 4 minutes. You can remove the mushrooms at this point – they will be added later.
- Add the wine and chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes until sauce reduces somewhat.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms and stir lightly with an additional tablespoon of butter (make sure to include juices from the chicken) – serve in skillet or large serving dish with garnish of chopped parsley.
Amazon Affiliate Program -> Tasty Low Carb is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or Amazon ad will re-direct you to Amazon.com. For your purchases, we may receive a small consideration that will help us build and maintain our website.