Keto Authentic Chicken Fajitas are so quick to make and so delicious. They are sizzling to perfection, go well with guacamole, and are perfect in keto almond flour tortillas. They feature seasoned chicken breasts with the perfect amount of tri-colored bell peppers and sautéed onions. Joanie’s recipe is made in one hot skillet and can go from stove-top to table in 15 minutes. Your whole family will love this authentic recipe.
We love Mexican food! Since we live in the Southwestern part of our country, that should not be a surprise. Virtually every Mexican restaurant offers a plethora of delicious meals; however, many are accompanied by rice and beans. Not very Keto, to say the least! Trying to avoid the tortilla chips served with delicious salsas and cheese dips is hard enough. Our go-to Keto choice at most Mexican restaurants – fajitas. Whether chicken, shrimp, beef or a combination, we know they will be delicious and low in carbs.
Here are few of our other Mexican recipes that will go well with your fajitas:
- Margarita – Classic and Low Carb
- Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Keto Almond Flour Tortillas
- Keto Albóndigas (Meatball) Soup
The fajita seasoning is the key to this recipe. Joanie makes her own and uses a blend of Mexican spices. Use cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika – they are very important to the recipe. Also, do not skip the fresh lime juice – it works so well with the chicken. A lot of recipes do not coat their vegetable strips with fajita seasoning. We like the fajita taste throughout the dish so Joanie will separate the marinade and use half for the vegetables and half for the chicken. You can certainly use this same marinade with chicken, shrimp, or beef or any combination of the three that you prefer.
We usually serve our Keto Authentic Chicken Fajitas on a plate. Probably a habit we began when we wanted to avoid carb-laden tortillas at our favorite Mexican restaurant. However, feel free to use our Keto Almond Flour Tortillas for serving. Each tortilla has only 3g of net carbs and they are delicious.
As I mentioned above, Joanie likes to make sure our vegetables also have that delicious fajita seasoned taste. To accomplish this she will place them in a separate zip lock bag with seasoning, just like we do with the chicken strips. The flavors will then permeate the entire dish and be enjoyable in each bite. We also stress that the vegetables and chicken should be at room temperature before cooking. The secret to moist and juicy chicken is to cook at high heat. You can maintain that heat level in your skillet when you sear room-temperature chicken.
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Joanie used our cast iron skillet for this recipe. Even on medium-high heat, it will get very hot and require moving the chicken and vegetables a lot during the cooking process. Do this to avoid sticking and burning. As a reward, you will have tender chicken and can serve the fajitas right in the skillet for a sizzling presentation.
Keto Authentic Chicken Fajitas – Fajitas de Pollo are Seasoned to Perfection
Keto Authentic Chicken Fajitas are seasoned to perfection and will result in a delicious Mexican-flavored dish for your Keto journey. They cook quickly and when served with our Guacamole and topped with cilantro and lime juice, they will dazzle your family. This recipe is definitely Tasty Low Carb!
Keto Authentic Chicken Fajitas – Fajitas de Pollo
Fajita Seasoning (Marinade)
- 2 Chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Onion (white, cut into strips)
- 3 Bell Peppers (small red, green, and yellow or orange, cut into strips)
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil (extra virgin)
- ¼ cup Guacamole
- 1 Lime (cut in quarters)
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro (chopped)
Fajita Seasoning (Marinade)
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients for fajita seasoning in a small bowl. Separate equally and fill two one-gallon plastic bags with one-half of the seasoning. Next add one tablespoon of olive oil and lime juice to each bag.
- Add strips of chicken breast into one bag and strips of vegetables into the second bag. Make sure all are sealed, then shake, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, at room temperature.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil. and heat for 15 seconds.
- Add the vegetable strips and cook for approximately 8 minutes, stir often. They should have a very slight crunch. Remove to a plate.
- Add final tablespoon of olive oil and chicken strips to the hot skillet. Cook strips for about 5 minutes. Stir to keep from sticking or burning.
- Add back the cooked peppers for 2-3 minutes and serve hot on a plate with guacamole, lime, and cilantro. You can also use our Keto Almond Flour Tortillas.
Amazon Affiliate Program -> Tasty Low Carb is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or Amazon ad will re-direct you to Amazon.com. For your purchases, we may receive a small consideration that will help us build and maintain our website.