Keto Beef Broccoli Stir-fry is our at-home version of a classic Chinese restaurant dish. For most, Chinese restaurant food is not part of their Keto diet. Simply too many carbs, either from sugar in the sauces, or corn starch in the thickeners. However, Joanie makes a delicious savory and sugar-free sauce that is thickened with Xanthan Gum for this recipe. The result is a perfect Keto beef recipe. If you are missing Chinese food, try this low-carb version tonight!
We love cooked mushrooms served with any dish. Especially when a gravy is part of the recipe. They go together so well. You can see a perfect example of this classic combination in our Keto Chopped Steak with Mushroom Gravy recipe. Mushrooms and gravy are also central to our Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce recipe. Joanie’s Chinese sauce for this recipe is very much like a gravy.
Beef is the main player in this recipe. Some recipes call for using flank steak that has been cut across the grain. However, unless you marinate the flank steak for a long time, it is hard to avoid a tough and chewy result. Joanie likes to use sirloin steak instead. Cut into approximate 3 inch strips and trimmed of most fat is her preference. It is fairly lean and starting with thin strips will mean less cooking time over high heat and a delicious beefy taste.
To enhance the beefy taste, Joanie makes a delicious sauce that is both low-carb and sugar free. She uses coconut aminos in place of soy sauce to keep the carbs down. Chinese fish sauce and sesame oil add even more Chinese flavor. To replace the sugar normally found in Chinese sauces, Joanie uses Sukrin Gold. This brown sugar substitute is perfect for making Keto Chinese sauces. Garlic is a necessity for taste in this sauce and just a bit of Sriracha adds the needed heat. You will love the flavor of the marinade and the sauce it makes.
The first tip to prepare Joanie’s Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry into make sure all of your ingredients are ready to go before you start. Chinese food cooks quickly! That goes for your plates, as well. Set the table and be ready to go! In fact, you might be smart to have your guests or family seated at the table – it is best served hot.
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Also, make sure your beef is marinated and maintained at room temperature. You can see by our photos that it should be cut into thin strips. We actually found that many markets will sell thinly sliced sirloin beef for stir-fry recipes. Go for that! The broccoli and mushrooms are actually best cooked separately. They will be fine on a plate waiting while you sear the meat. Just make sure that before you toss in the garlic you remove the wok from the heat – it will cook rapidly and you do not want it to burn.
Keto Beef Broccoli Stir-fry – The Perfect Replacement for Chinese Takeout
Keto Beef Broccoli Stir-fry is the perfect replacement for Chinese takeout. Chinese food is so popular. Most dishes are made in a matter of minutes in a blazing hot wok, fired with a high direct flame. No need to wait to pick up your takeout after calling. It will be waiting for you regardless of how close you may be to the restaurant. Our Keto Beef Broccoli Stir-fry is ready in 15 minutes and with only 6g of carbs – well, enjoy some tonight!
Keto Beef Broccoli Stir-fry
- 3 tablespoons Coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sukrin Gold
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons Chicken broth
- 1 pound Sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Broccoli florets (small)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 ⅔ tablespoons Avocado oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (finely minced)
- In a small bowl whisk all of the stir fry sauce ingredients.
- Salt and pepper the steak and then place in the stir-fry sauce bowl with one-half of the sauce and marinade for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat two teaspoons of avocado oil in a hot wok or skillet.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stiring often for 2 minutes until slightly browned. Remove the mushrooms to a plate. Add the broccoli florets and stir-fry for 2 minutes until slightly tender. Reserve to the plate with the mushrooms.
- Wipe down the wok or skillet with paper towel and add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to heat. Place the beef strips in the wok and separate to seer, flip once, cooking about 2 minutes per side. Remove the wok or skillet from the heat. Push to the side and add the garlic for cook for just 30 seconds.
- Return to the heat, add the remaining sauce to the hot pan and stir for 30 seconds until slightly thickened. Add back the broccoli and mushrooms and toss to coat for 1 minute until heated. Serve hot!
Amazon Affiliate Program -> Tasty Low Carb is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or Amazon ad will re-direct you to Amazon.com. For your purchases, we may receive a small consideration that will help us build and maintain our website.