Our Keto Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins are moist and delicious. Take a blind taste test and you will swear they came from the bakery! They are so light and fluffy. They are also gluten-free and grain-free. With your favorite cup of coffee or tea, these muffins are perfect for breakfast. You will think you are at Starbucks, except you will not get 43g of carbs and 21g of sugar. Our delicious Keto Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins have only 3g of net carbs and 2g of sugar!
The buttery cinnamon crumb topping is so easy to make and will bake right into the muffin for the perfect crumb cake texture. The smell of cinnamon will fill your kitchen and the result will be the best breakfast treat. Try them for dessert, as well. The creamy frosting is delicious and so sweet – but no sugar! They freeze well and are so easy to make. Every time Joanie makes a batch, I smile!
Keto Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins
Start with the crumb topping. You should actually make the topping first so you can quickly get these into the oven when your batter is ready. The key ingredients in the topping are cinnamon and a brown sugar substitute. Something about the combination of brown sugar and cinnamon produces a flavor you cannot ignore. You will want more topping. We use Sukrin Gold for our brown sugar substitute. You can purchase it through the link below. Butter will hold the crumbled topping together and add so much to the taste.
The Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins also have a combination of almond flour (blanched) and coconut flour. Joanie uses Erythritol for sweetening when she bakes. The cinnamon in the batter carries the theme, as does the almond milk as one of the wet ingredients. A special ingredient is softened cream cheese. It makes the muffins creamy and delicious.
Joanie likes to use a fork for mixing the crumb topping. You can pulse using a small chopper or Vitamix if you prefer, but by using a fork you can control the size of the crumbles. You should press the crumb topping slightly into the batter before baking and try to mound it a bit higher in the center of the batter. Joanie finds that it will sink in a bit and hold it self in place better if you follow those tips.
The batter can also be mixed by hand. Just make sure it is creamy and thoroughly mixed. If you prefer, use a stand mixer. Make sure the muffin tins are silicon or greased with butter before baking. We do not like using muffin papers. Greased pans produce a uniform muffin anyway and the butter adds to the flavor.
The combination of Sukrin Melis with cream cheese, vanilla extract, and heavy cream will produce a sweet frosting that you can drizzle easily over your muffins. This is a nice bakery touch and certainly recommended if you are making the Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins for dessert. If you prefer a more savory crumb cake, you can skip the frosting.
Keto Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins
If you love coffee crumb cake with cinnamon buttery crumbles and you enjoy it with your morning coffee then this recipe is for you! Enjoy our Keto Coffee Crumb Cake Muffins today – they are Tasty Low Carb and a Keto treat!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, softened cream cheese, melted butter, and almond milk. (You can also use a stand mixer for a smoother batter – just reverse the order and start with the wet ingredients).
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 greased muffin tins (use butter). Top with equal portions of the crumb topping (pile higher in the center – then press down lightly) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Use a piping tool to top with frosting, or just drizzle.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. You can use a fork or even pulse gently in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Mix powdered sweetener (Sukrin Melis) with cream cheese in a small bowl. Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream and stir until smooth.