Keto Crustless Taco Pie is Joanie’s latest crustless quiche recipe. Yes, we are calling this one a pie, but it has all the basics of a delicious quiche. It will truly make an easy Mexican dinner or breakfast dish. Since it is crustless, the carbs are low, yet the taste is high! It will make an excellent family dinner and any leftovers will make a delicious lunch the next day. You will likely say, “these are better than classic tacos!”
Tacos are almost like bread in the diet of someone in the Southwest – a staple. It is actually more than a Tuesday night ritual. Street tacos, taco trucks, and tequila bars – tacos are everywhere. As they say, “when in Rome, do as the Romans.” We love tacos and incorporate the taco theme with other recipes, as well. You will enjoy the ones we have already posted:
- Ground Beef Tacos with Homemade Seasoning
- Cheesy Taco Stuffed Red Peppers
- Keto Creamy Turkey Taco Soup
- Low Carb Taco Salad
- Keto Mexican Beef Barbacoa
Just like the classic tacos we all grew up enjoying, this one is ground beef cooked to perfection with the perfect blend of seasonings. Joanie makes her own taco seasoning. You can use the packets, but we think fresh is better and use this blend often. It is the same seasoning we use for our traditional Ground Beef Tacos. The taco seasoning recipe below will yield more than what is needed, but storing it is easy and it will last and last.
The ingredients listed in the recipe mirror a basic taco. Salsa is a key ingredient along with traditional Mexican cheeses and onion. Joanie recommends cold toppings that will add to the taco experience. Try some avocado, tomatoes, or green onions. Even a dollop of sour cream would be a perfect topping. The only difference from classic tacos is that Joanie turned this into a quiche by baking it with an egg and cream batter. A quiche style baking dish for pies is a great investment. You can find one we recommend by clicking the words baking dish.
The key tip is one you probably already know – drain the fat from the beef, after browning. You do not want a greasy, messy, quiche. You do not need a crust for this pie. The eggs will hold it all together. It will cut easily into pie shaped pieces and will be delicious. Make sure you mix the egg, cream, onion, salsa, and cheese together before adding the ground beef. You will have the perfect taco pie when it bakes.
A great idea is to prepare toppings while the Keto Crustless Taco Pie bakes. Then allow your family to top the sliced pie as they wish to make their own slice of taco pie. You should let the quiche set for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven so it is firm and easy to cut.
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Keto Crustless Taco Pie – Make One Tonight!
Keto Crustless Taco Pie is a perfect Mexican style dinner, or snack plate. So savory and so easy to assemble and enjoy. A recipe the whole family will crave. For “Taco Tuesday” or any day! You will have the taste of tacos in a pie. Call it a quiche – call it a casserole – call it Tasty Low Carb!
- Mix all of the ingredients for the taco seasoning in a small bowl until well combined. Store in a sealed mason jar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9" or 10" pie pan with greased butter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon, as it cooks. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until browned. Drain the fat and stir in 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs and heavy cream in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the green onions, Rotel tomatoes, and 1 cup of the Mexican cheese. Salt to taste.
- Stir the prepared taco meat into the egg mixture. When thoroughly mixed pour into the pie pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is starting to brown. Pie should be set. Cool for 10 minutes and top with sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocado chunks, and more diced red onions.