Keto Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce is everything a Keto recipe should be -> loaded with fats and flavor! We love this recipe! We enjoy it as either a delicious appetizer or as a main meal. Properly cooked scallops are so tender and so sweet. Searing correctly makes all the difference. And, what can be better than a bacon cream sauce? Joanie even kicks this recipe up with sautéd garlic, shallot, and parmesan. Even a bit of wine adds to the flavor!
Joanie and I absolutely love scallop recipes! It is the perfect seafood for so many delicious keto cream sauces. You should also try some of our other favorites:
Scallops with creamy garlic, lemon butter, brown butter, lemon and citrus, and even Thai red curry sauce, are some of the other varieties of sauces Joanie uses to make delicious scallop meals.
We like large sea scallops for most scallop recipes – these were 10-12 in size and although they are perfect for appetizers, you can make a meal for two. Smaller bay scallops are best for soups, garlic-butter side dishes, and Coquille St. Jacques recipes. However, the larger sea scallops have so much more sweetness. Dry sea scallops are not flash frozen. They are more expensive, but they do taste fresher. Regardless, even if you buy previously frozen sea scallops, make sure you pat them dry to remove excess water.
Of course, the key flavor kick to this recipe is the crispy taste of bacon! Bacon grease even forms the basis of the creamy sauce. Joanie uses traditional sauce components such as garlic, shallot, wine, and parmesan cheese to add additional flavor twists to her cream sauce. But, the bacon will permeate every bite! This recipe is truly a Keto delight!
Searing your scallops is the needed preparation tip. The technique is so easy, yet so many folks end up with over-cooked rubbery or poached scallops that are missing the classic crust. For Keto Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce you must have seared scallops. It is simple. First, a medium-high heat cast iron skillet. Second, use a high smoke point avocado oil. Third, dry the scallops and season simply with salt and pepper. Finally, two minutes on one side, flip and finish for one more minute with added butter for basting. Result -> Perfectly Seared Scallops!
Joanie cooks the sauce separately from the scallops for this recipe. It is a delicate sauce that needs a little time to meld together, so keeping the scallops separate is good advice. Much of the appeal to scallop dishes is also visual. A perfectly seared scallop, basted in hot butter, sitting on a bed of creamy bacon sauce, garnished with bacon bits, will alert the palate of what a delicious treat is coming. Use a cast-iron skillet for searing the scallops and have the table set – this recipe will come together quickly.
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Keto Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce – Perfect Seafood Dinner with Seared Scallops
Keto Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce is an elegant and tasty Keto seafood meal. You can serve it as an appetizer or featured evening meal. Either way, with the creamy bacon sauce and perfectly seared scallops, you are in for a special Tasty Low Carb treat!
Keto Scallops with Bacon Cream Sauce
- 6 slices Bacon (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ Shallot (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup White wine
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan (grated)
- 6 large Scallops
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 slice Bacon (chopped for garnish)
- 1 stalk Green onion (chopped for garnish)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Reserve the bacon to a paper towel.
- Add the chopped shallot to the bacon grease in the same pan and cook for 1 minute until slightly softened, add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan and for flavor and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir to incorporate and allow to simmer for 3 minutes. Add the bacon back to the sauce, stir and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. While this is simmering salt and pepper the scallops.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the avocado oil. Once the pan is hot add the scallops to the pan. Sear on one side for 2 minutes until golden bown. Turn the heat off, turn the scallops, and add the buuter. Sear the second side for 1 minute, baste in the melted butter over the scallops.
- Serve the scallops over the bacon cream sauce on a fresh plate. Garnish with bacon bits and green onions.
Amazon Affiliate Program -> Tasty Low Carb is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or Amazon ad will re-direct you to Amazon.com. For your purchases, we may receive a small consideration that will help us build and maintain our website.