Keto Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer is best described as a bite-sized flavor blast! A cheesy-garlic crostini base is combined with creamy guacamole to become a real treat for your taste buds. Then it is topped with a Mexican-flavored fried shrimp that adds an oh-so pronounced taste – just wow! Joanie’s Keto creation is guaranteed to be the highlight appetizer at your next game-day or Holiday party!
The starting point of Joanie’s Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer is our Cheesy Garlic Bread. It is the perfect substitute for a carb-laden crostini. The full recipe for our Low Carb Cheesy Garlic Bread can be found by clicking on the highlighted link. We have also repeated the recipe below. It is awesome for dipping in marinara or many baguette style appetizers. Try it with our Keto Crab Crostini with Avocado Tartar Sauce. Our cheesy bread can be made in advance, so your party day preparation will be quick.
Keto Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer
The glue that holds the appetizer together is also a huge part of the flavor explosion – guacamole! Joanie’s guacamole recipe is so simple and tasty. It is one of our top requested recipes. It is so creamy and when made fresh it is a Southwestern delight. Read the recipe below or you can read our guacamole post by clicking here – Guacamole for Cinco de Mayo.
Of course, fried shrimp is the main ingredient in the recipe. Joanie flavored medium sized shrimp (20-25 count) with Southwestern/Mexican ingredients. The smokiness of the paprika and chipotle chili powder is kicked up a notch with traditional Mexican cumin. As a result, you will have a real flavor treat in a bite sized appetizer. Stick with this flavor blend – it makes the recipe!
The cheesy garlic bread recipe will make a lot. As a result, you will have leftover bread. But, that is okay since it will freeze well and is fantastic when used to “sop-up” the sauce from another of our favorite appetizers (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce). Dipping the leftover bread in your own marinara sauce will also produce a simply delicious appetizer. Cut the cheesy bread into whatever size you need. For this recipe Joanie made 2 X 2 inch bite size pieces – a perfect size for finger food.
For this recipe, we used medium shrimp, about 20-25 per pound. Above all, do not overcook the shrimp. Make sure the shrimp are at room temperature when you begin frying. You do not want your hot pan to cool down – the shrimp will then take longer to cook and become rubbery. Try 2 minutes per side, in a hot pan. Turn once and reserve for assembly. That should be perfect.
Top the appetizers with some chopped cilantro to continue the theme. Plate them and sit back and watch them disappear. Try enjoying a “Classic Low-Carb Margarita” or make a whole batch for guests. Our Low Carb Margarita Mix will do the trick and it is Tasty and Low Carb!
Follow us on Social Media – See the Latest Keto Products
Keto Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer – A Perfect Southwestern Flavor Explosion
Keto Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer is a perfect explosion of flavor! Some similar recipes use a sliced cucumber for the base and some recipes add bacon to the topping. Both are great ideas, but we like the classic crostini style. Blending cheesy garlic bread with the unique flavors of guacamole and Southwestern shrimp gets our vote for a perfect appetizer!
Keto Shrimp and Guacamole Appetizer
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Garlic Butter Spread
- ½ stick Butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 small Red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together. Add the melted butter, parsley, oregano , garlic powder, and salt and stir together.
- Mix in almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Xanthan gum and mix until well combined into a dough.
- Smooth the dough mixture evenly on a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden, then broil for 2 minutes to cook the top.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in garlic powder for topping. Once removed from the hot oven, place on a cooling rack and brush the garlic butter spread on the top of the bread with a pastry brush.
- Slice the avocados in half around the pit and then remove the pit.
- Scoop out the inside of the avocados and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork. Add the juice from the lime, the finely chopped red onion, and the sea salt.
- Use a small bowl and mix the spice ingredients thoroughly.
- Toss the shrimp in the bowl until coated with spices.
- Heat a skillet to medium high, then add the olive oil to the skillet. Place the shrimp in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes or less for each side. Do not crowd. Set aside when cooked.
- Top each cheesy bread square with a dollop of guacamole, follwed by a shrimp. Plate and serve.
Amazon Affiliate Program -> Tasty Low Carb is a participant in Amazon’s affiliate advertising program. Clicking on a product or Amazon ad will re-direct you to Amazon.com. For your purchases, we may receive a small consideration that will help us build and maintain our website.