Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto BLT Chaffle with Avocado
Our Keto BLT Chaffle with Avocado is a perfect addition to your breakfast collection - it is a "Chaffle Classic." Join the Chaffle craze!https://www.tasty-lowcarb.com/keto-blt-chaffle-avocado/
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Cooling Time2 mins
Total Time15 mins
BLT with Avocado
- 3 strips Bacon cooked
- 1 piece Bibb lettuce
- 1 slice Tomato fresh
- 1/4 Avocado thinly sliced
Spray mini-waffle maker with cooking spray then preheat until ready.
In a small bowl, combine all of the chaffle ingredients. You can also mix in a blender.
Pour enough batter into the center of the waffle maker and spread to fill the edges. If you overfill the first one use less each time so you avoid spill over. Close the lid and allow to cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
Remove the chaffle and allow to cool on a cooling rack - repeat the process for the second chaffle.
BLT with Avocado
Add a piece of bibb lettuce, a tomato slice, and strips of bacon on a chaffle and top with the sliced avocado and second chaffle. (For a "Dagwood" repeat the process of lettuce, tomato, and bacon before topping with the avocado) If you prefer, a creamy guacamole instead of the avocado would be delicious.
Plate and enjoy.
- Use freshly grated cheese (not bagged versions)
- Make sure your Chaffle maker is hot before starting
- Do not peak at the Chaffle while cooking - experiment with the timing until you get the perfect result - then stick with that time - for perfect Chaffles a timer is a good idea (we used our iPhone clock timer)
- Allow the Chaffle to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes - they will crisp up nicely
- They will freeze well and can be toasted or reheated in a non-stick fry pan
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 267mg | Sodium: 855mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1102IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 447mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 3g