Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Chaffle with Chicken - Amish Style
Keto Chaffle with Chicken - Amish Style is a perfect breakfast or meal. It is a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipe. A real comfort food!GLUTEN FREE (Always check ingredient labels)https://www.tasty-lowcarb.com/keto-chaffle-chicken-amish-style/
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Chicken and Gravy
- 1/2 cup Chicken breast coarsley shredded
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tablespoons Almond flour blanched
- 1 cup Chicken stock make sure gluten free on label
- 3 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Poultry seasoning ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Scallion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
Spray mini-waffle maker with cooking spray then preheat until ready.
In a small bowl, combine all of the chaffle ingredients. You can also mix in a blender.
Pour enough batter into the center of the waffle maker and spread to fill the edges. If you overfill the first one use less each time so you avoid spill over. Close the lid and allow to cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
Remove the chaffle and allow to cool on a cooling rack – repeat the process for the second chaffle.
Chicken and Gravy
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the almond flour and whisk constantly until smooth; cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in chicken stock, heavy cream, poultry seasoning, xanthan gum, and salt and pepper. Cook until thickend (3 minutes).
Stir in chicken and allow to heat for 2 minutes. Keep warm.
Serve the waffles topped with the chicken and gravy, Garnish with sliced scallions. Serve hot. (For even crisper waffes you can toast them, before topping. This is a good idea for pre-made waffles).
Gravy Notes We usually add a dash of Kitchen Bouquet to color the gravy during the cooking process. GLUTEN FREE (Always check ingredient labels)
- Use freshly grated cheese (not bagged versions)
- Make sure your Chaffle maker is hot before starting
- Do not peak at the Chaffle while cooking – experiment with the timing until you get the perfect result – then stick with that time – for perfect Chaffles a timer is a good idea (we used our iPhone clock timer)
- Allow the Chaffle to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes – they will crisp up nicely
- They will freeze well and can be toasted or reheated in a non-stick fry pan
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 984mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1142IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 339mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 4g